It is possible to get used to living with bugs…to spit out the occasional fly that ,unbeknownst to you, has found it’s way into your drink…to share your sandwich with the ants…to talk to that spider, that is the size of my hand…into leaving via the door. It is fascinating to count the legs of a centipede…after you’ve killed him! It’s all part of living in Fiji.
I love my friend’s entry on Face Book… ” Why do I feel like ants are crawling all over me….oh they are!”
I was recently conducting a sewing workshop in a village- I was demonstrating a particular stitch… when I felt a bug crawling up my back…then several others crawling down my back side. I kept going- stating;
” I’ve got ants in my pants”…as I simply scratched away. The ladies loved it…lots of laughter…that too it a big part of living in Fiji…and that is how we get by…living with the bugs.
No comments:
Post a Comment