I have NOT been taking as good care of myself..as I am of the people here...and I now have to admit that I am not in my 20's...and don't spring back quickly!! Our immune system takes a hit everyday with pollution...air, water and a hard life in general...getting from place to place by bus..or walking. Often there is NO water..for washing or drinking...so dehydration is a big factor. This is their summer and it is soooo hot!!!!
Many of you have seen conditions like this...I have ...but living in them for seven months now....that's a different story some of the younger guys have lost 15-20 lbs...
I was medivaced to New Zealand for heart problems...I had to be accompanied by a doctor...wheeled through the airports... .I had every test possible..but no treatments or medication..
After six days there....the doctors reported a completely strong and healthy heart!
Thousands of people were praying for me and I am convinced that a miracle has occurred! I went from 74/44 blood pressure...could hardly walk... to now...I am now 90% back to my strength!
The microloan company that was hosting me was failing , had to cut costs and couldn't afford my housing...but made up things
about my conduct..to get out of their contract with Peace Corps. This was happening at the same time as my heart problems...so when I am completely strong again I will have to go back, move out, and clean up those rumors. I will be housed near the PC office until they can find me a new position and home. Meanwhile I am tucked away in a cozy home (my host family) marinating in love (10 yr old sister and 14 year old brother)! And spending time with the rest of the relatives...40 or so... of them...we've gotten to know each other well and I am so well received by them! They welcome me as family now!
So, with my host dad's help... I'll pack up my home ...put it in storage and then spend four days on a beach- for New Years... with a few friends. Then to Suva. I will be on admin. hold...and see how I can help out at the office. The Lord works in mysterious ways!!! I am excited about what He has in store for me next!!!
I send you all warm Fiji love for a Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year!!!
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment