At the home stretch....only six more months here...
How Can That Be?!









Saturday, November 20, 2010

Be still my heart...I fell in love today...

 His name is Mark (actually a very beautiful Fijian version...Markasiah)

 I first saw him as he most confidently walked down the aisle for communion,

dressed in his handsome pocket sulu and colorful bula shirt... he was short in

stature but tall in resolve...often being pushed aside as if he wasn't there...

no thing or person was going to get in between he and the alter.

Mark knelt and waited for his wafer struggling to keep his balance on his knees...now

only two feet tall and dwarfed by the adults. I just had to talk with his Mom after the

service and thank her for raising an obviously special soul. I was very happy to

know that she acknowledges that about Mark, who is only two years old. He asks to

go to church every Sunday. Yes, he knows it is Sunday, gets his clothes ready, and

is anxious to be there.  I will stay in touch with his mom to see what Markasiah

does to make this world a better place.  And now, more than ever, I  too look forward

to going to church.

No comments: